21 July 2014

Blogging Tips For New Bloggers


I started writing this blog in 2011 and haven't looked back since. It has become part of my everyday life and it's rare I switch off from it all. I love what I do. This is my little corner of the internet where I get to talk to like-minded beauty-obsessed people and offer some helpful (I hope!) advice. Now I'm coming into my fourth year of writing Make Me Up I wanted to share with you some blogging tips I've learnt over the years. This doesn't just apply to new bloggers but I've noticed a influx of new blogs lately so I wanted to offer some advice.

- Firstly, write about things you enjoy. Sounds pretty standard but if you're not excited about the posts you're writing, don't publish them. I see a lot of monthly favourite posts which just aren't for me, I don't enjoy writing them but that's just me!
- Don't obsess over stats; It can get you down and make you feel like not blogging. Everyone goes through quiet stages where not much traffic comes in. If you're checking your stats 3-4 times a day I encourage you not to look at them for a week. As long as you're happy with the content you're creating, your views are sure to perk up soon. Also, don't worry about followers - we all started with zero.
- You have the freedom to write about whatever you want, it's your blog. You gave your cat a bath at the weekend and what to share some funny photos? Do it.
- This year is the year I got organised and I wish I'd done it sooner. Get a notebook and plan posts, join Hootsuite and schedule your tweets. This will make blogging a lot easier, especially if you're juggling your blog with work/school/college.
- If you're ever unsure what to write about have a couple of backup posts you can publish on those uninspired days. I recently wrote 22 blog ideas if you are looking for some inspiration!
- Get involved in the community, we're quite nice people. Talking to others is my favourite part of blogging. Take part in twitter chats such as #BBloggers, #FBLchat and #BloggersDoItBetter. Comment on posts you love, share things you've enjoyed or email bloggers and tell them why you like reading their blog!
- There really are no rules when it comes to blogging just do more of what makes you happy.
- Be proud of your blog and the content you're creating.

I hope you found this post helpful. Why not spread the love and share it with others if you did!
what are your tips for new bloggers?
Twitter | Google+ | Instagram | Pinterest

Other blogging tips you might find useful:
22 Blog Post Ideas
15 Tips For Blogging Everyday

7 comments:

  1. 6 months ago I started my blog and I did struggle finding inspiration for my posts, but now I know that I can write whatever I want and I thought mine was going to be a beuty blog, but it's turning more into a lifestyle blog, so things do change with time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I've been blogging for three years this post was still really helpful and I'm about to check out the 22 post ideas!

    Hattie Constance

    Project Rattlebag xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a 'baby' blog I found these tips so helpful. Great advice x :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are really helpful tips. Thank you for the advice.

    Becky xx

    http://beckyjaneslife.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the tips! I really enjoy ready your blog! :)

    http://bonjourliloo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great post with some good advice. I rarely look at my stats, occasionally like to giggle over the very bizarre keywords searches but I don't worry so much about the rest.

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig