25 October 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation: Review

Rimmel are cranking out the new releases this Autumn/Winter. New Apocalips shades, Moisture Renew Lipsticks, Retro Glam Mascara and they've just announced Rita Ora will be collaborating with the brand soon. I'm still not sure whether i love or loathe Wake Me Up but I thought i'd give Rimmel's latest foundation offering a go. 
This is a liquid mousse so it has quite a thick texture but it still blends into the skin easily and doesn't feel cakey. I have the shade 'Ivory' which is the second lightest and is a tad too dark for my pale skin. As you can see from the swatch it has pink, almost grey undertones to it. I apply this with my RT flat foundation brush to get maximum coverage. This foundation leaves skin looking flawless and does a good job at covering redness and blemishes. I find i don't need to use concealer for my spots when i use this! I would describe the finish as velvety as it's not completely matte. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation £5.99 from Boots

Have you tried this foundation before, how did you get on?

6 comments:

  1. Great review! I've been curious about this foundation, the price is great! Although I love dewy finishes, I'd love to try this as a nice Autumn alternative. For some reason, flawless, satin skin is what I'm after come this time of year!

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you produce the illustration of the foundation ?.

    Rosie

    Www.RosieRates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I draw all the illustrations on here!

      Delete
  3. I normally can't wear matte foundations but I really like this when I tried it. Its surprisingly creamy for a matte foundation.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you did a review for this! I've really liked the look of it for ages but never got it. This looks great for my skin and I think I will get it :) thanks xxx Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a foundation for me as I have dry skin but I have heard a lot of good reviews about this foundation x

    Heather @ Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig