25 May 2012

Dupe for Essie Mint Candy Apple

 I'm not sure what your thoughts on beauty product dupes are, but i bloody love them! It's not often a nail varnishes becomes really, really popular in the blogosphere. I can think of a few like OPI Rainbow Connection and Barry M Peach Melba maybe?

Essie has become quite popular lately, especially their shade Mint Candy Apple. I love wearing pastels on my nails and that particular shade does look really nice. I've not tried any Essie products before but I've seen so many blog post's on Mint Candy Apple now, I think this is a good dupe!

This nail varnish only cost me £1.75 and it was from George at Asda! The Shade is called 32 Streamer. I've had this colour for over a year now (sorry!) So the consistency has gone a bit gloopy. It's a minty blue shade like Mint Candy Apple. It has a quick dry formula but doesn't have great staying power. With a good top coat on this lasts around 3 days. Overall not bad for a supermarket nail varnish!
I would recommend checking out Asda's own brand nail varnishes, they have a few nice shades. Sorry I don't have any comparison photo's to Essie's version - but I hope this helps!

Do you want to try Essie Mint Candy Apple? If you've tried it do you think this is a good dupe?

p.s sorry for my appalling nail painting skills, i'm so bad at it!


p.p.s what does P.S stand for anyway?!

22 comments:

  1. I didn't know George did nail varnish, I really want to have a look at them now! I love mint nail varnish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it darling!! maybe we can follow each others blog?! XoXo

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I think a good dupe is Revlon's "Minted" but the consistency is a bit thin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous! Asda do some alright bits and bobs. =)
    And P.S means post script ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing colour! And nice and cheap too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shade looks nice but i bought it ages ago and when i came home it was already gloopy :( but i love pastel nail varnishes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no :/ have you tried adding a bit of nail varnish remover to it, helps to thin it out! xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll try that! xx

      Delete
  7. Fab dupe...I personally love a dupe myself!
    Its such a gorgeous mint green

    Liz
    http://www.aspirationsofglam.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous colour! i'm a big fan of cheap nail polishes, essie is too overpriced for me x

    maskedbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beauty babe xx27 May 2012 at 11:47

    Hi, I love this blog! sorry this doesnt have much to do with this specific post, but i was wondering if u could do a review of which is the best batiste dry shampoo? I'm looking for one but theres so many varieties! thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you! I've actually never tried any Batiste dry shampoo before - sorry! Just had a look on the Boots website and there are so many to choose from. Depending on your hair colour go to either brunette or blonde hair ones. The difference in these two is that the brunette hair will spray out a brown colour and the blonde one will spray out white. The other versions Batiste do are different smells like coconut or cool & crisp. If you wanted the dry shampoo to do something to your hair they do a Big & Bouncy bottle or a Gold Shimmer one. I'd recommend maybe trying a small travel size bottle of whatever one you choose first encase you don't like it! Hope this help you a bit xx

      Delete
    2. Beauty babe xx27 May 2012 at 20:10

      Thanks, thats great advice! :) xx

      Delete
  10. I had never thought of George - thanks for sharing! This is such a lovely shade x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colour, I will defiently buy this

    Please can you follow my blog: http://stylesayso.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. apprantly ps stands for ''post script''.
    post means after.

    source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080417142139AAms6EA

    NO CREDIT!
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice!
    i follow you on bloglovin, follow me back? xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colour! I didn't know George did nail varnish x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have mint candy apple on my nails right now and yours look identical, maybe just a tiny bit less glossy but a top coat can sort that out!

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog/twitter link if you want me to have a nosey at it! I like to try and return comments too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger template by pipdig